Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pushing Myself and Students During Test Prep

Good morning all,

Next week starts the beginning of major test-prep for my students. We are taking the PARCC or a PARCC-like assessment in March and in May. I have been using cold read (reading comprehension) assessments from Wonders and from a few books I purchased at a teacher store. Next week we will be using Count Down to Common Core from the Wonders website and soon after that we will use the PARCC practice test online.

I have my students' best interest at heart, and I will do everything I can to prepare them for the assessment. I know my kiddos will be burnt out on testing.

Last week we had a professional development, and our administration showed this wonderful video. I wanted to share it with you all. Sometimes we need to push our students to succeed on high-stakes assignments and tests, and sometimes we need to push ourselves to be better teachers- more prepared, better examples, etc.


I hope this video encourages you during this difficult yet imperative time!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...