Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday: Kagan and Turtles!


Here's what's been going on this week!

I attended another fabulous Kagan Training with our amazing teacher Christi Brown! We learned new structures to use to reach the different intelligences! 
 The first graduating class in Caddo for a Level II Kagan training!

My friend Rachel, Christi, and me 
This is a song my group created when we did the Lyrical Lessons Structure! This structure mainly focused on the musical/rhythmic intelligence, but also reached others!
This is a fun structure that mainly focused on the visual/spatial and naturalist intelligence! 

If you ever get an opportunity to attend a Kagan workshop, I highly recommend it!
This week I adopted some very awesome aquatic turtles! I named them after scientists, because the previous owner's son rescued some turtles and bred and observed their behavior. 

This is baby Einstein. He's a Razorback Musk Turtle. 

Mary Amelia Curie is a Red Eared Slider turtle. She's 7 years or older. (She was rescued. You can see her shell has some damage.)

This little dude is Isaac Newton. He's a Stinkpot Musk turtle. He's also a baby.
Yesterday I got all my anchor charts laminated that I made this summer. These will not stay up in my classroom, but will be posted when we are working on that particular subject/topic.
Here are pictures of some of my creations. (Don't judge my lack of ability to do bubble letters. lol)




This summer I've made an awesome new friend. God's timing is perfect, and He knows exactly what we need. Emily is such a blessing to my life!

Last, but not least, I got to spend more time with my God Son! Liam is just adorable!

Have a great weekend!

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...