Friday, May 1, 2015

Five for Friday: Whip Nae Nae, Freebie, and Projects

 So much has happened this week! The closer it gets to summer, the busier we are! Check out what's been going on this week!
This week my students turned in their 5 Contributions to Medicine Timeline and summary. They presented their projects, and I was so impressed with how well they did! They really have improved when it comes to project. They are so ready for middle school!













If you're interested in this novel study or project, check out my TPT store!
I love my students so much. This week two boys gave me fabulous drawings of Katniss from The Hunger Games. (I dressed up as her for Halloween).

I also got a Starbuck's gift card just because! I don't deserve these sweet kiddos!
This week my students worked on Test-Prep packets with partners. I used my new FREEBIE, Partner Pair-Up Cards, to help students find a partner. Towards the end of the year, my students get fussy and don't want to work with each other. So, to solve the problem of students getting their feelings hurt or someone being left out, I made these cards! 





Also this week while going over test prep, we used the Kagan structure Numbered Heads Together.


Here's how it works:
1. Divide the students into groups of four and give each one a number one to four.
2. Pose a question or problem to the class.
3. Independently, the student thinks about the question and writes an answer on his/her board.
4. Students then "put their heads together" and share their answers. The group comes to a consensus.
5. The teacher calls out a number. When that number is called on, the student stands and answers for his/her team.
I love brain breaks! This week we danced to Watch Me (the whip nae nae) per many of my students' requests! lol Check out how awesome they are!




post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...