Thursday, February 19, 2015

Inside Jokes and Funny Students

Everybody meet Roachella!

At the beginning of the year there was a massive live roach in my classroom. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Ever since then, my homeroom class and I have had an inside joke about cockroaches. One particular student has joked with me about it all year. She's a talented artist, and I've asked her to draw me a silly picture of a cockroach dancing. Despite my inquiring, she has yet to create this masterpiece. However, today she brought in a toy cockroach that actually moves!!! She tried to scare me with it by putting it under my Elmo. Considering we've been joking about this all year, I knew it must be fake. So instead of screaming I told the class this is our new "pet" named Roachella, and I tied a little bow around her. lol Now she is hanging by our Homework for the day. haha

It's the little things that make this my best year of teaching so far.

I love my silly students and our inside jokes!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...