Friday, June 13, 2014

Five for Friday!







During Kagan training, we talked a lot about positive gambits for students to use to practice social skills. Children often have a hard time agreeing politely or knowing what to say in certain social situations. It is important for kids to practice different greetings, partings, thank your, and so forth. A great way to achieve that is to use the Kagan structures. I decided to make some posters during one of my training days that have some positive gambits for my students. This way, I can remind students of some options while we are using the structures. 





So as most of you know I am very organized and a little OCD. I created a bunch of binders this year to help me stay organized and keep my "hamster wheel" from turning in my brain. haha Here are a some pics of just a few of my binders. You can find the binder covers for FREE here and here







On Monday my friend Nikki and I are going to the Whole Brain Training in Alexandria. I am super pumped! I have already done some research on Whole Brain and went ahead and created these rule posters based on the Whole Brain rules! :) If anyone wants copies of these, let me know! I can recreate them and sell them on TPT.





Check out this management tip! One of my awesome professors from college taught me this tip! Dr. H had us write our names, phone numbers, and any other important info she needed on index cards and kept them in an organized box by classes. I am going to use this tip next year so I have quick access to my students' phone numbers. I will also have them include if they have access to a computer with Internet and if they are allergic to anything. :)




Today I went with Nikki wedding dress shopping! I am so excited, because she found the most beautiful dress! I am so very honored to be her bridesmaid! I love her, and she has been an amazing friend and support. I am so blessed to have a fabulous teacher as a close friend! Here is a picture of Nikki and her fiancé with me from my wedding.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...