Friday, July 11, 2014

Five for Fridays!





 This week I've been enjoying my time at the beach! Yesterday I went running along the beach. It was so peaceful! We are in Ocean Springs for Treg's job. It's been really awesome getting away for a little while. 


Even though I've been on vacation, I couldn't completely leave work at home! lol I finished The Apprenticeship of Lucas Whitaker. I have to say, this book is so fantastic! I'm so glad that I found this gem! It has such great vocabulary and history! I'm currently working on a Common Core Book Study for this book. It will be for 4th-6th grade. This book is definitely (in my opinion) on par with Number the Stars (one of the other novels I'll be teaching)

The Apprenticeship of Lucas Whitaker is a historical fiction book about a boy who loses his family to consumption (tuberculosis) and learns of a bizarre "cure". When he takes a job as apprentice to the town doctor, he learns about the scientific approach to healing, but seeing so many die, he desperately wants to help other families try the cure that might save his family.

It's so good! I highly recommend this for 5th grade classrooms!

I've been reading a lot of articles on Reddit.com this week. I'm not really a novel girl. I love to read and learn, but I prefer articles and research. If anyone has never heard of Reddit, I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves news, science, and history! They also have an education and teacher journal!



I discovered this show last night on Netflix, and I am officially obsessed! Anyone else watch this show? No spoilers please! lol I'm only on episode 3. I love crime and mystery!




So, I decided to try Plexus Slim. My dad and his wife, Becky, use it. They say that it makes them feel so much healthier and have more energy. I love health and fitness. I'm a pescatarian (A vegetarian who still eats seafood). I love working out, but since i've started a new medicine my doctor put me on, I've had a hard time maintaining my weight. I'm hoping this product will help me tone up since I'm taking it along with working out and eating healthy. Has anyone ever tried Plexus? What do you think about it? Did it work for you?

I hope you all have had a fantastic week! I look forward to reading your Five for Fridays!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...