Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Why Organization- Blog Hop

I am not naturally organized. I had to train myself to be in order to function in the world. I have ADHD. Lists and organization saved my life. Here are a few of my organization tips!

#1 Keep a Planner

Just like I tell my kiddos, it is so important to write down what you need to do in a planner. It keeps things organized. Not to mention, it feels fantastic when you can cross it off the list! If I didn't write things down, I would be so lost. I have to write everything down! :)

#2 Binders!

I keep everything in binders! Some examples include: Lesson Plans, Data, Novel Studies, Interactive Notebooks, Graphic Organizers, Writing Prompts etc.

#3 Hanging Files

I use crates to organize my students' work by class period. They are color coded by class. Homeroom is red. Second period is yellow. Third is blue.

#4 Tubs
I use tubs and other boxes to store supplies. The students have blue tubs in each group that have all the necessary supplies for the day (high lighters, dry erase markers, erasers, think pads, etc).

#5 Folders


These folders are for students who missed work. As you can see they are also color coordinated like the crates. :)

#6 Turn-In Trays
I'm waiting on this fabulousness to arrive in the mail in 3 days! I ordered these hanging "turn-in" trays. They are going to be perfect for my different class periods! The colors will match each class period! I'll take a picture after it arrives! I'll be adding cute labels with Melonheadz like my folders above! :)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...