Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool's

Happy April Fool's every body!

Today I played a joke on my classes. The students worked with a partner to find all of the words in a word search. I told them that the first 3 students to find all of the words would get a homework pass. I held up all the homework passes I have. (My students can buy homework passes with Gator Bucks and earn them when they triple their AR goal). It was so hilarious! My students were working so hard to find the words, but none of the words were actually in the word search.


You can find the word search {HERE} from Fancy in Fourth!

Here are some pictures of my students working hard to find the words:





Also today we discussed Forgiveness. We do a quote of the week that connects to a different virtue. I usually do a virtue a month. This month is forgiveness.


My students copy a quote in their journal and answer questions that go with the quote. Here's an example:

After the students complete the journal, we discuss their responses. Today we spent a little more time on the quote and virtue, because it was the last quote for this virtue. We went over the steps to a great apology. Then, I showed them an example of a good apology. I showed them Giuliana Rancic's apology to Zendaya for a rude comment she made about here hair. (Video below). We discussed why it was a good apology. 

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Have a fantastic April Fool's Day!

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...